Well, I thought I would give you an update on how well my propagation worked. I kept them in the house on the sunny kitchen windowsill so that I could keep an eye on them. I started off just misting them with a spray bottle, and then gently pouring water around them. Some of the samples took very well, in particular the Pennyroyal and the Mint. They grew quite quickly in the little tray and had lots of roots. One of the Sage slips and the Scullcap were rooted, they had grown, just not as much as the Pennyroyal and the Mint. The Wild Bergamot and St. John’s Wort were still alive, although not rooted, so I transplanted them anyway to see if they’ll do anything. A few slips just died – Figwort, Southernwood, Wormwood, and one of the Sages. This is certainly something I will try on my own with some of the herbs that I have growing in my garden. I’ve got a lot of Rosemary so perhaps I’ll start with that.
Please follow and like us:
Leave a Reply